Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Perspective and Writing

Recently I was looking back on some of my blog entries from as long ago as 2007 and realizing something I've often realized when I look back at things I've written: I always sound smarter, funnier, busier and much more interesting at "other" times in life. I feel like I'm often waiting for the inspiration to sound as clever or amusing as I did "at that time"...whenever that was. My journals while in college are interesting because I was learning so much & exposed to so much that I had more to write about. Things I wrote while I was part of a writing group are more interesting too. Ah, well. I can't sit around & wait to get interesting. But if I look back & find this post amusing & thrilling, well, I'll know I've gone downhill.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh whatever. You'll always be an amazing writer. My Christmas cards won't ever be as great as yours.