Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

It was wonderful and strange to be in Michigan for Thanksgiving this year. After 5 years of being in Silver City, this was one very different holiday. We went to the home of my cousins. It was a small group and we ate very traditional Thanksgiving foods for our family. It was delicious and relaxing, warm and wonderful. It was also a little strange to have Thanksgiving exactly how I remember it from so many years pre-New Mexico. I sort of missed the fresh homemade goat cheese from Martha, and young Joseph eating one helping after another of my cranberry sauce. I sort of missed the craziness as we often didn't know our plans for Thanksgiving until the day before, and even then didn't know who else might be there. I sort of missed the busyness & volume level we got with all the kiddos - because there were always several. And yet, it felt like home to be here. Thank God we have such dear family both in Michigan AND in New Mexico with whom to celebrate our bountiful blessings.

Cousin Chris, Mom & Dad prepping & carving
Courtney entertaining Simon w/ all her old toys
Foosball
Anson snuggled with Chris after dinner
Posted by Picasa

No comments: