appeal! The first picture is from the day we closed on the purchase
of the home - the second picture is from this evening.
We had our former neighbor pull out the horrible bushes with his truck
in the fall, before the ground froze. About a month ago I hauled out
the shovel & started digging out the bush-sized weeds that had taken
their place. Over the past two weeks I, with a little help from my
two boys and at least 7 neighborhood kids, fished out the big rocks
and other little weeds that sprung up. A few days ago we got the new
bushes in, and today we got down the weed barrier - organic Preen (non
toxic) and a landscape cloth, held down by an edge - and got the mulch
spread.
Thanks to our new neighbor who helped us hold down the cloth & found
rocks to anchor it while we were in process AND for watching the kids
play w/ her daughter while we finished. (By the way - we LOVE our new
neighbors!)
The yellow bucket was an old metal one left in our garage by the
previous owners. I washed it up and painted it with some leftover
indoor/outdoor paint I'd gotten from freecycle, filled it with rocks
we found while digging up the front, topped it with container mix and
planted the seedlings the boys started at an earth day event at the
library. We tossed some extra flower seeds in there too. Such fun to
have growing things and a front yard I can be proud of! Now we just
have to collect some of our bulbs from the backyard to transplant,
some perennials from my parents' house they need to thin out, and stay
on top of mowing the grass....
You have been sent 3 pictures.
DSCN8017.JPG
DSCN0099.JPG
DSCN0089.JPG
These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment