Monday, April 26, 2010

The Lorax

"I am the Lorax and I speak for the trees!"

Today is book character day at preschool for Simon who wanted desperately to be the Lorax. The Lorax is described in the book as being "shortish and oldish and brownish and mossy" and is pictured as being shortish, oldish, orange & furry. I concocted a costume by raiding his pj drawer, a second hand store, our basement (for the cholla stalk I used in making the Truffula tree trunk...yes, it came from NM with us) and a craft store for a bit of felt & yarn. I DID also make a last minute run to Walgreens to get temporary hair color spray to make the Truffula tree purple/pink instead of white.

Simon was so proud. "I'm going to be the orangest and yellowist Lorax kid at school!" And he was.

You have been sent 1 picture.


DSCN9952.JPG

These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Oh my! You did a great job, mama! He is so adorable!