Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow Day - December 4, 2009

I know it's been a while since the last post and there's a lot I need to catch up on, but here's current news - we finally got snow! I'm a little surprised that we didn't get it before this, but Thursday night (Dec. 3rd) we started to get crazy snow accumulation. Adam shoveled before bed as "damage control" and it was already piling up again by the time he finished the driveway.

We watched it out the windows till bedtime and knew we'd have to expect everything to take twice as long in the morning.

I don't know what the "measured" accumulation was, but this was our backyard when I woke up. Adam did shovel again before work, and it did take at least twice as long as expected.

I received a phone call from Simon's preschool board chair informing us that it was a snow day. Snow day! First snow of the year, and a snow day.

We watched it snow on & off all morning. Simon managed to stay in his pjs most of the day. I let him take some photos...he loved this one of Tuna:

Every time he looked at it he'd say "awww...."

It was really surprising and overwhelming and beautiful.

The sun came out a few times - glorious! So lovely. This is the backyard.

And out the side/front big window:

Simon insisted that he wanted to go out & shovel. When Anson went down for a nap and it had actually (finally!) stopped snowing, we headed out.

As I was shoveling our front porch steps and walkway to make sure we got our mail, our neighbor came home. We chatted about snow removal strategies since we have very close driveways, and he shrugged. Told me he has a snowblower & likes to use it. I love our neighbors. See how wonderful he is? And our driveway is twice the size!

Thanks Chad!

The rest of the afternoon, Simon watched a video and I cleaned & organized the basement. When Anson woke up, he came down & played too. I was proud of myself for creating a little order out of the mayhem that used to be our basement. It's not done yet...but it's getting there. And actually, more has been done even since these photos were taken. Clutter: Away with ye! To shelves ye go! Happy snow day to us!

You have been sent 17 pictures.


DSCN8797.JPG
DSCN8798.JPG
DSCN8799.JPG
DSCN8805.JPG
DSCN8835.JPG
DSCN8840.JPG
DSCN8843.JPG
DSCN8844.JPG
DSCN8845.JPG
DSCN8848.JPG
DSCN8850.JPG
DSCN8852.JPG
DSCN8860.JPG
DSCN8861.JPG
DSCN8862.JPG
DSCN8864.JPG
DSCN8866.JPG

These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/

No comments: